Friday, September 29, 2006

The Best Things In Life Are Free (Adaobi)

Told you, the best things in life are free!

Just had lunch with one of my most beautiful friends. She such a darling. The very epitome of fragility. I met her through another sweet friend of mine who is currently serving her fatherland in faraway somewhere.At first i didn.t know too much about her cos, well, my friend was always around and so we never got to talk so much. When my friend left, the doors were opened and today, I'm the better off for it. Today, I have pleasure of being a friend of one of the most pleasant things God made. Adaobi. She's such a sweetheart. So fragile, so delicate. I likened her to a german panza (the tank) at first but later when i tot about it, i didn't think that was such a good description.I think i later changed it to a lexus or something. Thinking about it now, it should have been a BMW

Ada cries when she's upset, a whole lot.When she's happy, she can't hide it but when she tries to sing, i run for cover. I tried to explain to her that singing is about soul and not speech. You should have seen her try to put it into practice. The facial contortions and muscular spasms! I tot she was having an epileptic fit. I laughed my head off. But you see, thats the whole idea. She's a real person.No demos. She's easy to get to laugh, which is also a great asset

She doesn't like stress at all,loves Lauryn Hill and India Arie,is a great dresser and wants to own her own fashion label/outfit in the future. Because of her sweet and merry soul, lunch time for me has now become happy hour

Dear Ada, this post is dedicated to you. One of the the sweetest, fragilest, realest (pardon my english) personalities i know. Your smile comes right out from your soul. The way you are, everything about you, is just you. You never "grew up" (read the previuos post), you retained that precious innocence that most people don't. The way you swat a fly, chew your food, eat okro soup (LOL), pout, whine (ever so rarely). The way you would dance (cos i don't think i've ever seen you dance before), that dreamy look. The way you say your pictures look like bugs bunny, the appreciation you show. They remind me of what a wonderful planet we live in

Ada, never change. Stay that way. Being you must be hard I know, but there are only so few left. You are an endangered species, a rare breed. For the sake of the planet, for all that's beautiful and sweet, stay!

2 Comments:

Blogger Teva said...

See i always knew you wouldnt take long to replace me....Dayo!! you and woman??? na only God go save you!!
This new look of ur blog's good...a tad feminine but good! When i first entered it i tot i'd be misdirected...Good work boy!! (u see what hanging around me has done to ur life?LOL)

7:17 PM  
Blogger Dedayo said...

@Teva: jealousy. You know better now. Your place in my heart is exactly that:your place. Thanks for tin complement, i just knew the template was me when i saw it. A tad feminine, just like me.
Hanging out with you did have its effects, so congrats n if it makes u feel any better, i'll dedicate one post to you (LOL)

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home