Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Best Things In Life Are Free

That title up there has been stuck in my head for a while now. I've been trying to write stuff on it but the inability of the server in my office to deliver the required speeds necessary to upload the photos that would have made the post potray the intended portrayal (LOL) kept me post poning it. So today, I have decided that picture or not, I'll still write it anyways. The funny thing however is that i dont really know what write or how to start. I just know that i want to write something on the best things in life are free. Maybe its the seemingly dreary tone of my last two posts that got my soul so bent on writing something uplifting for a change
I remember the first time i laid eyes on Timi and Ayomi (Ayomi is the cute little sweetheart that my blogs named after) Those kids. They remind me of what life should be like. Simple, innocent, trusting, you name it. In their uniforms, carrying their tiny bags, the white socked feet neatly tucked into the brown leather sandals, no stress, no wahala, no nothing. Ready to jump on you in an instant without the slightest reservations or any care for pride or dignity. With them, a sorry is usually a sorry (a couple of sweets would also help your case). Last friday, we had to go and inspect a new wate production outlet in maitama. It was well into the evening so their mom allowed them to come along. At the site, the two moma's on the inspecting team, left me to watch over the kids while they did all the work. Watching those kids that evening, running, playing, being naughty--with a touch of innocence, the glow in their eyes, the joy in their screams, the plain transparency of their souls was apparent. Eventually, Timi, completely spent, suddenly slowed down. I took one look at her and picked her up. 30seconds later, she was fast asleep in my arms. Her warmth against my chest, her breath coming out in rythmic peaceful releases. At that point, i tot to myself, this must be what life is all about. A little girl sleeping in your arms, ever so peaceful, ever so confident that you wont let her drop. I didn't put her down until we got back to the office (not even when we got back into the car). That sense of security, that display of peace really got to me. What happened to us (i tot to myself), where did we go wrong. Maybe the right question is "where" did we grow up.
A true friend, a child's innocence, salvation through Christ, a mother, the warmth of a family, the knowlegde that someone cares, a smile,............ laughter,......tears,....joy,........peace, happiness, love, exhiliration, excitement, sleep, sight, smell, touch. All for free.
whenever you feel blue, or when your day aint just going right, when you feel like complaining or whining, think on these things. you never know, it just might help

2 Comments:

Blogger 4wardnfiaca said...

wao,
my broda, that was eva so touching and eva so real. i just wish that i can frame the message and store it in a part of my brain where i will be remindwd of it evri nanosec (not gonna happen tho. ANyhow, it is good to know that there are such lil things or should i say gestures that remind us to slow down, take a minute away from everything and remember what life is ( or supposed to be) bout

5:27 PM  
Blogger Dedayo said...

@4wardnfiaca: thanks. Its good to know that i made sense there.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home