Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Pounded Yam Palaver

It’s great to be back. Like I said the last time, I’m kinda enjoying this blogging thing. So I’m back again.

Where was I now o……………….., okay, said I would tell you about my house. Well , I live with a friend of my mother’s here in the FCT. She’s a nice person generally but she likes pounded yam (literally) three much. I mean, she can make us pound yam like two gazillion times a month. Its not like she forces me or anything o, but my good home training (Up my mummy) coupled with my goody two shoes brain will not let me watch her pound yam……………… Ooooooooooooooh, these women have come with their wahala again o. Now they want me to prepare a report meant to be forwarded to the Zonal Office immediately, as if say I be typist. (we get secretary o but they are scared of her cos she go just dish all of them fine fine). They are all just sitting down, doing practically nothing and expect me to leave what I’m doing to do their work for them , well, not in this lifetime. Thank God I kuku cannot get query. After all, I’m not a full member of staff. That line has been used to deprive me of a lot of stuff in this place so I don’t see why I shouldn’t use it against them too. You see, whenever nice stuff or stuff that involves money comes up in the office, it suddenly becomes clear to everybody that I’m only a temporary member of staff, the fact that I do practically all the work in the office not withstanding. I mean, my boss even won an overseas trip offa my head. Its not like I’m bitter or anything, really, I’m not. I think I’ve lived long enof to know that it’s good to always wait your turn and not to let people get to you, but at times it just gets annoying. I mean I’m here now in the Office with all of ‘em. I have a pile of work already in front of me and guess what they are all doing? Gossiping! Simply annoying I say, Simply annoying!

About mummy jo, ehen, I was describing how nice and well home trained I was (ladies please note). So the thing is, in my house in Lagos, pounded yam is only meant for important celebrations. Not even at Easter and Christmas do we pound yam. We just sit tight, pray n soon enof, some loving neighbor supplies the goodies. Pounded yam only comes in maybe during parties (like my sis’s weddings) or maybe when the in-laws come to visit, n u know what, na the bobo go pound by himself. so u can understand my dilemma. My Abuja mummy can come home at any time and start making us pound yam. At times we’ve eaten pounded yam as late as 11:00pm. You can imagine. It was therefore a thing of great joy when my friend TS (told u about her last time) started coming to the FCT. Once I suspect that it might be poundo nite , after work like this, I would just run off to her hotel (TS, u didn’t let me finish my tour of the FCT hotels b4 u scrammed, I’ll get u someday) n stay there till I’m positive that poundo time will be over. The week that girl left ehn, I pounded so much yam I tot I’lld never be able to stand straight again. It was like mummy just wanted to punish me for all the running away.

Anyways, I guess some good has come out of it. At least I am now a poundo maestro. That should count with the babes now, abi?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home